i think i may have skipped a week or two, but here we go with ten more loves.
1. all things british. i want to go to london so badly. and the english countryside. i bet it’s so much more beautiful in person than tv/movies.
2. the soundtrack from the movie psycho. i listen to it when i’m creating or doing homework and don’t need the distraction of lyrics.
3. miss piggy. i’m a lot like her. we both love food, glamourous things, kermit the frog, and marc jacobs (pictured). we also both have pretty short tempers.
4. this. how cute!
5. the young victoria. we saw it last night at cinebarre. it stars emily blunt as queen elizabeth and rupert friend as prince albert (among other really great actors you’d probably know as well). he was so charming. we couldn’t figure out where we’d seen him, but foxycleopatra looked it up when she got home. he played mr. wickham in the kiera knightley version of pride & prejudice. the young victoria was amazingly good. i cried. twice.
p.s. it’s nominated for three academy awards. le sigh.
6. pomegranate seeds. pomegranates are one of my favorite fruits. it’s never occurred to me to put them on ice cream before. yum!
7. shoedazzle! this past friday night, my friend lindsay blogged about it, & i immediately went to the site and joined. it’s so cool! you answer a bunch of questions about your personal style, then you register, and your personal shoe stylists (like lindsay said, where do i sign up for this job?!) send you five choices, and you choose whichever you like best. the membership fee is $39.95/month, and this includes your one pair of shoes. you can opt out at the beginning of every month and not pay, and you can also cancel membership whenever you want. i’m so excited to get my first pair!
8. last week’s snowfest. and my very first snowman! (yeah, he’d started leaning by this point…)
9. variations on the “keep calm and carry on” decree from world war 2. the hubster likes this one, of course:
and this one’s *my* favorite:
10. macarons. (and no, they are *not* the same thing as macaroons.) i had some wonderfully delicious ones at baked today (i’m going to do a whole post about them one day this week, hopefully). they had a passion fruit flavor & were filled with dark chocolate ganache. so yum.
(this is not baked. this is laduree, where i swear i will go one day. when i go to paris and london. because there are locations in both places. guuuhhh.)