i was just perusing a daily email from etsy, and there were so many pretty blue things! so i thought i’d do a “ten things i love” post, even though it’s tuesday. aaaaand…yeah, it’s been a long, long time since i’ve done one. heh.
click on the photos, and they’ll take you directly to the listings.
tutus chic boutique
i know it’s not sunday, but i was just ruminating on a few things that i really love. i know it’s been a while since i’ve done a ten things i love post, so i thought i’d do one right now. 🙂
1. drunken goat cheese. an amazing cheese that comes from murcia, spain. it’s made from the pasteurized milk of their local murciana goats. the wheels of cheese are soaked in a twice-fermented, heavy wine for two to three days. then it’s aged for two & a half months. this stuff is amazingly good. i highly recommend trying it. i found it the first time at earth fare, but the bilo near my house carries it now!
2. i’m loving this yarn i just started using. it’s 100% cotton, all natural, and works up really well. the small skeins are around $1.50, and you can get two baby hats or one adult hat out of them. 🙂
3. awesome chair from wild chairy.
4. i want this set by doll face, if only for the adorable carrying case!
5. oh my! these are fabulous! they’re crafted by williams british handmade, & i suggest looking at the entire collection.
6. i need this book.
8. gasp! i cannot wait for this. go ahead & make fun if you want. i don’t mind. i like what i like. 🙂
9. one of my favorite paintings. the kiss by gustav klimt.
10. these are too cute! there are several etsy shops who sell mugs like these. i want some porcelain markers so i can make some cute mugs! hmm…wonder if willy would mind a trip to a.c. moore this evening… 😉
some of my favorite classic movies. it was *very* hard to choose only ten. how many of them do you know and love?
the next time we move (or just decide to redecorate), this is my vision for our living room. i dreamed it up a long time ago. i’d love to have neutral gray walls, dark hardwood floors, and a bright red couch. lots of eclectic art would cover the walls, all either bought from sellers on etsy or done by yours truly. there would be a cute contemporary chair, a cool area rug, and a lot of unique handmade throw pillows. 🙂
, $1,099Hennessy Sofa
, $999Edgewater Coffee Table
, $922Z Gallerie – Union Jack Rug
, $300Wake Up Frankie – 6 Light Black Chandelier
, $145Bruce Engineered Oak Hardwood Flooring Strip and Plank -Lowes
, $111Velo Silk Pillow
, $100Thomas Paul Banner Aqua Cotton Pillow
, $70Love Chain-stitch Cushion | Throws And Pillows | Room Accents |…ego breakfast cup & saucer
, $64Shades of Gray – Gray Paint – House BeautifulEtsy :: Birdalope Original WatercolorFFFFOUND! | Etsy :: junkprints :: LADIES OF SOUL PRINT
i had a kuh-RAZY day yesterday. it was overwhelming and weird, to say the least. so since i haven’t done “ten things i love” yet this week, i went around my house and found ten things that cheer me up (for lack of a better term). here we go:
1. one of my favorite movies + a cup of tea = loooove.
2. new painting supplies! i’m not as nervous about thursday this week! i have a new idea for a painting, and i need to finish my other one, so i’ve got plenty to work on.
3. my ever-growing record collection
4. these gorgeous ephemeral valentines i found at barnes & noble!
5. cuddles with my dog lola
6. sharpie collection 😉
7. my art journals
8. getting comfy with a good book
9. lovely classic movies
10. a nap is always a good thing. 😉
i suck. i forgot to do my 11 in 2011 post yesterday, and i very nearly forgot today! so here’s a double post for you. the topic for day six was “best organization tricks.” i used to be immaculately organized and neat. i used to clean all the time. for some reason, that is no longer the case. i mean, i really do like organizing. i love separating things and putting them in their own little places. it’s the staying organized part that’s difficult. so i suppose the best tip i can think of for organizing would be to keep up with it before it gets out of hand! hee hee…
here’s some really cute inspiration for organizing:
a really cool way to organize your shoes and keep them from getting damaged.
a sneaky tactic: keeping things monochromatic can make them appear more organized than they really are. 😉
hanging a shoe organizer inside your pantry gives you a lot more storage!
- this is one of my favorite tips, because i rip millions of magazine pages out and save tons of photos on my computer that inspire me. filing them all in inspiration binders is a great way to keep them easily accessible and nice and tidy. and much easier to rifle through when you’re looking for a specific idea!
(all images via we heart it)
day 7: favorite memory of 2010
this was a really hard one. i have a ton of amazing memories to choose from. but one in particular makes me really proud. in may, a group of my writer friends and i decided that we would meet in athens, georgia, to see a bobby long concert. i’d never met these friends face to face. we met online through our mutual interests in writing, and we often work together for motivation, encouragement, and advice. here’s the thing: i struggle with generalized anxiety disorder and social anxiety. it was a lot of fun to plan the trip and talk about meeting, but when it came down to a couple of days before i left, i got really nervous. i often lean on my husband for support (almost literally) in social situations. he has a really dynamic personality, never meets a stranger, and it’s easy for me to hide behind him. driving to the hotel athens (a four and a half hour trip) and meeting my friends for the first time face to face was incredibly nerve-wracking. it’s always the anticipation of something that makes me most nervous. once they all got there, though, everything was fine. they’re all such great, lovely gals, and i love them to pieces! we had a really great time. i’m so proud of myself for doing that on my own and not backing out because i was nervous. i’ve made some wonderful friends. ❤