i may as well rename my blog “fail blog,” but i’m pretty sure that name is taken. so i’ll stick with tifftastic. sorry it’s been so long. i’m the type of person that gets so excited about new projects that i throw myself into them and don’t think about anything else. i also seem to always feel so busy, even if i’m not even doing much. apparently, that’s part of having ADHD, which i was officially diagnosed with in may. that was a *huge* relief, because now i can be treated for it & hopefully get more focused! just in time to start back to school in the fall. 🙂 i’m going to really need that focus since the majority of my classes will be studio classes! since it’s friday, i’m going to do a pretty random friday five. here are five facts, statements, opinions, and questions for you.
1. firstly, i’ve been in love with this song for the past month or so. i adore sufjan (pronounced SOOF-yan) stevens. it’s so interesting and just…cool. you should press that little play button & listen while you read this blog.
2. i drove to athens, georgia at the end of may to meet four friends that i’d never met face-to-face before. they’re online writing buddies, and they are four of the loveliest gals i’ve ever met! i love and miss them and can’t wait for the next time we can get together. we went to athens to see bobby long. le sigh. not only is he talented, but gorgeous to boot.
also playing that night was matt pond pa, another artist you should definitely check out. he was kind enough to take a picture with me at the end of the night! the zoom was zoomed in, and mandy didn’t know how to work it, so that’s why i look like a floating head. LOL!
2. we also traveled to texas at the end of may for our cousins’ wedding. it was beautiful! we had a wonderful time with family. a couple of pics:
3. can someone please tell my husband that the living room is *not* his laundry hamper? the recliner & dining room chairs have his dirty clothes draped over them, and i’m forever finding socks all over the floors, under the couch, tucked into crevices… yeesh! i’ve tried to tell him over & over again. i mean, at least i use the *bedroom floor* as my hamper. 😉
4. hubs & i have started doing p90x. it. is. rough. but you really get results. hubs already has people telling him he looks like he’s lost weight (he has. over 10 lbs already, and this is his third week). i’m not sure if i’ve lost anything yet. it’s my second week. his first week consisted of me sitting on the couch and snickering & snorting at the guy on the dvd. he really is a big goofball. he says things like, “nice muscles dude!” and “ooh, that feels toasty!” and “hey, cool shoes, man. they’re almost as cool as mine.” if you can get past his really annoying comments, you’ll succeed. lol. the good news is that you can turn off the comments or the music or both. p.s. WHY do men get to lose weight so much more quickly than women? boo.
5. we’ve decided two things: we’re going to go on a cruise for my 30th birthday this year. i don’t want to have a party. i want to celebrate it in a BIG way! we’re going to do it over thanksgiving, b/c my bday is the monday before. the second decision is that for our tenth anniversary (which is in two years), we’re going to go to paris!!!!!!! eeeeeeeee!!!!!! i finally get to go to paris! we might actually make it a paris/london trip, or maybe even a longer trip so we can see a lot of other places. we have two years to plan it and save up money, so it’s totally doable. i’m so excited! 🙂
so there you have it. the friday five. again, i’m so sorry it’s been so long. i’ll be blogging more often again. i promise. hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! ❤